Friday 11 May 2012

Last day in London :(

Yesterday was the last day in london. We went to the Imperial War Museam and it was really interesting. They had things about the First Worldwar, the Second Worldwar, and wars after that. It was really dedicated and classified. The third floor was totally dedicated to the Holocaust, and that is were we (my two friends and I) spent the most of our time. We were not allowed to take pictures unfortunately. The experiece itself was very special and I'm glad that I've been there. There were a lot of books and letters from soldiers and prisonors. There were uniforms that the soldiers from countries all over the world that paticipated in the wars, but there were shoes and clothes the Jews wore during the Second Worldwar as well. It was actually rather emotional

We had to be back at half past eleven and we we got money to buy our lunch there. We got into the metro and traveled to Oxford Street, where we've been shopping from twelve o' clock until half past two. There is a Primark, and I bought high heels (which I'm very excited about the wear), some souvenirs and a bag for Mothersday.

Around three o' clock, we arrived back at our hostel. We packed our bags for the journey back home. In the evening, our group went the the musical of The Woman in Black. I didn't see the movie, nor I've read the book, but I know what it is about for a bit. The Woman in Black is a 'horror' movie, and I was curious how the actors would make it just as scary as the movie or the book.
But they did a really good job. I'm not going to spoil the plot, but the musical is really different from the movie. But it was really great! Believe me. At the beginning, it was actually rather funny, but it became scarier and scarier as the time past.

Right now I'm on the boat back to Holland. And the internet is really bad and slow, so I'm going top quit now and wait until I'm back home, behind my own PC wiht my, kind of quick internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment